In Civilization V, the player leads a civilization from prehistoric times into the future on a randomly-generated map, achieving one of a number of different victory conditions through research, diplomacy, expansion, economic development, government and military conquest. The game is based on an entirely new game engine with hexagonal tiles instead of the square tiles of earlier games in the series. Many elements from Civilization IV and its expansion packs have been removed or changed, such as religion and espionage. The combat system has been overhauled, removing stacking of military units and enabling cities to defend themselves by firing directly on nearby enemies. In addition, the maps contain computer-controlled city-states as non-player characters that are available for trade, diplomacy and conquest. A civilization’s borders also expand more realistically, favoring more productive terrain, and the concept of roads has changed. The game features community, modding and multiplayer elements.
- INVITING PRESENTATION: Jump right in and play at your own pace with an intuitive interface that eases new players into the game. Civ veterans will appreciate the depth, detail and control that are highlights of the series.
- BELIEVABLE WORLD: Ultra realistic graphics showcase lush
landscapes for you to explore, battle over and claim as your own. Art deco influences abound in the menus and icons in the most well-designed Civ ever developed.
- COMMUNITY & MULTIPLAYER: Compete with Civ players all over the world or locally in LAN matches, mod* the game in unprecedented ways, and install mods directly from an in-game community hub without ever leaving the game. Civilization V brings community to the forefront.
- WIDE SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY: Civilization V operates on many different systems, from high end DX11 desktops to many laptops. Enjoy unlimited installations on multiple PCs with your Steam account and take your Civ V experience with you everywhere you go.
- ALL NEW FEATURES: A new hex-based gameplay grid opens up
exciting new combat and build strategies. City States become a
new resource in your diplomatic battleground. An improved diplomacy system allows you to negotiate with fully
interactive leaders. Custom music scores and orchestral
recordings give Civ V the level of polish and quality you
expect from the series.
Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: Firaxis Games
Genre: Historic Turn-Based Strategy
Retail Date: Sep 21, 2010
Release Name: Sid.Meiers.Civilization.V-SKIDROW
Links: HOME, IGN, GAMESPOT, NFO, NTi