Take your Android programming skills to the next level with the Android built-in framework that enables local data management in text files and SQLite-based relational databases. This course shows you how to create datacentric apps for Android devices, using SQLite, Java, and the built-in android.database packages. Author David Gassner describes how to define shared preferences, work with JSON and XML files in internal and external data stores, and create new local SQLite databases.
- Exploring local data storage options
- Creating an Android virtual device
- Starting a new project
- Defining preferences with Java and activities
- Creating and reading JSON and XML data files
- Creating a new SQLite database
- Inserting and retrieving data in the database