Description: Wacom tablets are a popular alternative to the mouse for painting, drawing, and navigating your computer in a more natural position. In this course, artist and teacher John Derry shows how to get up and running with a variety of Wacom tablets (Intuos, Cintiq, and more), covering everything from setup to stylus selection. He then shows how to speed up your workflow and enhance your command of the drawing surface with ExpressKeys, the Touch Ring, and other controls. Plus, learn about tablet ergonomics—which makes your Wacom even more compatible with your working conditions—and follow a few exercises to warm up your drawing arm.
- Drawing freehand
- Tracing existing images
- Determining the correct tablet size for your work
- Understanding relative vs. absolute positioning
- Working with control surfaces like the Touch Ring and control keys
- Selecting the right stylus
- Working with the Bamboo, Intuos, Cintiq, and Inkling